Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Something to ponder...

This photo was sent to me in an email and I thought I would share with everyone on my blog since when I tried to send it to JoJo it didn't work...So, I hope you all don't mind that I am using Vincent's space for this...
This is the Millau viaduct which is part of the new E11 Expressway connecting Paris and Barcalona and features the highest piers ever constructed. The tallest pier is 240 meters (787 feet) and the overall highest point will be 336 meters (1102 feet) making this the highest bridge in the world!!
OK, who is willing to go across it??

10 comments:

JoJo said...

Well, as long as there are guardrails, I'd probably give it a try. Maybe. I don't generally have a fear of bridges.

It's a good thing they don't get earthquakes though!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd go as long as someone else was driving. Tess would only go if the someone else was Vincent ;0)

Jenn Summitt said...

Hey, and I was worried that this woudl have nothing to do with Vincent...nice incorporating Diane and Tess ;)

Jenn Summitt said...

sorry, cant spell today..."would"

mary said...

Not me I hate bridges that are "normal". I can't imagine how the crews worked that high up either!!

val said...

Pass. Something to be admired at a distance - and from below.

You're talking to the gal who had to have tranquillisers before flying last summer.

Jane said...

I'm not even sure if Vincent could get me on that road! Well, maybe if I could hide my head in his lap ;)

Jenn Summitt said...

In his lap, uh? Interesting place, Tess ;)

Regina Caschetto said...

No, not me, I don't like heights-has anyone seen photos of the new bridge overlooking the Grand Canyon-no way on that one either.
Regi.

Jane said...

nice picture whom ever took it.